Saturday, May 9, 2009

Family and my Weekend

I have been spending the weekend with my family, and I love it. It's the first time I've seen my dad, step-mom, and little brothers since the end of last July and, as crazy as they can be, it's pretty glorious. Friday night, they arrived in town, I went to my grandparents' house and had dinner and chatted quite a bit.

Lovely.

After that, I went out with Juanita and Andrew because Andrew is about to move to Washington. Juanita and I ended up back at my house at 2am - at which point I noticed James was online, so we drunkenly Skype chatted with him for about an hour before going to sleep around 3:30am.

Then it was an early morning for us (up at about 8:15am) to go grab some breakfast at Cafe Coda, immediately followed by a bit of tidying in my room and meeting my family at Saturday Morning Market at 10am. This led to an approximately 9 mile bike ride with my dad, my aunt, and my little brothers (including a bit of a picnic on the creek in the park). It was a great time.

After this, I made it home in time to catch about the last half of the Wizarding Radio Hour, which was particularly fun, actually! I look forward to future airings. I had a great time with it. A bit of rest later and I went back to my grandparents' house for dinner where I had a drink with everyone, a large dinner, and a good amount of discussion and telling of family stories.

Now I'm dead exhausted and SO looking forward to sleeping. I feel a bit bad because I want to go to Tila's birthday party tonight, but I don't have a ride there or back and I would be a lame guest because I'm so tired.

Ah well, she knows I love her and hopefully I will see her soon enough anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day out! Wish my family did things like that. Ill have to suggest it :D Skyping was awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more fun than riding bikes. Now I have to get off my butt and watch some MORE amateur theatre. As if I haven't seen enough.

    ReplyDelete