Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some input, please?

x-posted from a note on Facebook

Hello Friends!

I have decided to try an interesting project. I don't know how well I will do it, but hopefully it will be awesome! What I'm doing here is looking for input (positive, negative, and constructive are all welcome! Especially constructive. :P). Additionally, I am trying to figure out WHAT to call it. I honestly haven't a clue at the moment. So maybe title suggestions?

So here's the idea:
I want to choose a different Wizard Rock band each day of the year for 365 days. Each day I would listen to as much music from the chosen band as I can, provide a helpful list of their songs and/or albums, review the band, reflect on Wrock as a whole in relation to this band or as brought up by the band, potentially make a vlog once a week or something along those lines.

At this point, I just have a vague outline of what I'd like to do. So what things would you like to see happen with a project like this? What would be a good name for it? What are your thoughts on what has been going through my mind so far?

Thanks for your input, everyone!

UPDATE: Suggestions I've received so far have essentially been to go for it, but have a few ready in advance for days when I can't make it to the computer.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds really complicated...I thought of Jess's Ministry of Awesome daily "Today's Most Awesome Band" blogs when I saw the first outline but I guess the list of their music and reviewing them is different.

    It just sounds like a lot of work when you have so much else going on XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool idea. I would create a blog template to use for this to speed the writing process along.

    As you go about this project you can frame it to essentially create a compendium of wrock.

    -JRosenthal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of making it collabrative. Maybe a different person each day reviewing the same band? like 2 bands a week for 3 people. 1 band monday, tuesday and wednesday, the other thursday, friday and saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, it ate my comment.

    Basically, it sounds like a lot of work, but it's a really cool idea. If you think you can do it, more power to 'ya.

    Also, you should definitely start with a week's backlog, and then do two one of the weekend days, so that your backlog will always bee increasing, in case you're going to be without any time for two weeks or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh. I ditto the collaborative idea. Leverage the internet and the fandom =)

    You can let people claim different artists, but if you don't like the article they wrote you can "reissue" the review to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gyah, I love it! i think the lesser known bands (such as myself) need more exposure and a little lime light, too.

    my friend emily wanted to make a wrock blog but she's a lazy, good-for-nuthin'.

    much luck to you and i will be stalking you in the meantime cause i'm looking to find some new wrock to listen to, ya know?

    beth from kwikspell

    ReplyDelete
  7. WROCK and wroll baby. Wrock and wroll.

    ReplyDelete